If you require medication on a regular basis this may be added to a Repeat Prescription, so that it may be obtained without seeing a doctor. It is important that repeat prescriptions are monitored and reviewed annually, to ensure that the medication is still appropriate.
Sometimes a note will be added to your prescription requesting that a review is arranged before your next repeat prescription is due.
Repeat prescriptions timescales:
Please allow 72 hours from making request into the practice the following guide may assist:
Monday- ready Thursday PM
Tuesday- ready Friday PM
Wednesday- ready Monday PM
Thursday- ready Tuesday PM
Friday- ready Wednesday PM
(please allow extra days if affected by Bank Holidays).
How to undertake this request:
- Use your current repeat prescription slip or complete a request form, available in the foyer or at the Dispensary.
- Place your request form in the collection box in the Health Centre, post it to the surgery or fax it to us on 01477 532563.
- Request your repear medications using our online system.
- Send an e:mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org if a dispensary patient
- Telephone requests – only in an emergency please
The Dispensary and the chemist offer a delivery service for patients who have difficulty collecting their medication.
To ensure that you recieve the correct repeat medication and avoid waste, please complete your repeat slip correctly.
- Only order the medication you need
- Place a tick against the items you require
- Do not use a cross as this can be confusing to staff
- If you require all the items on your repeat please tick them all
- A blank form will not be processed
If you find yourself without medication when the Health Centre is closed there are a number of options. Have your prescription details available to refer to:
- Telephone the Eastern Cheshire Out of Hours service (telephone 01625 502999) to speak to a doctor or nurse for advice.
- Telephone NHS 111 (dial 111) for advice
- Speak to a pharmacist
We recommend you always order your medication one week before you’re due to run out.