Patient Participation Group
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Patient Participation Group - Terms of Reference
We have changed our name from Patient Panel to Patient Participation Group (PPG) in line with the similar groups.
I am often asked what we do. With this in mind we have updated our terms of reference in line with current NHS guidelines.
Terms of reference (August 2021)
Mission statement: to be proactive in liaising with HCHC GP partners and management in seeking ways of improving service to and communication with the patient community.
PPG composition: up to 15 members who are registered patients at the practice, with officer positions of Chair, Secretary and Treasurer to be elected each AGM. Meetings to be held every second month (or as required) with the Practice Manager at a GP partner also in attendance.
- to be a critical friend to the practice
- to enable regular communication with the patient population and support the practice in the direct communications with patients including social media
- to advice the practice from a patient perspective by providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- to encourage patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their families health
- to carry out research into the views of those in the practice catchment area and organise events to showcase improving health knowledge
- to attend community health forums as patient representatives
- to support the HCHC in CQC inspections
- to establish short-term objectives of focus of the PPG, and monitor progress to achieving targets
- such other activities as the PPG or HCHC may deem appropriate.
The PPG is not a channel for individual complaints which should be sent direct to the Practice Manager who will deal with him.
Current PPG members are John Wilson, Patricia Gordon, Justin Snell, Richard Rabone, Lesley Reid, Patricia Cotton, Heather Williams: Cindy Finnie, Pamela Garnett, Michael Bowden, Richard Jepson, Penny Bale, Jenny Manock.
We meet every two months and discuss progress and develop to the Health Centre and raise any issues we are aware of. Also, to give feedback from the patient community to the practice manager and the GP partners. We support the health centre with any initiatives they have.
Chair Holmes Chapel Health Centre PPG
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.